The Helpmann Awards Voting Collegiate is responsible for casting votes for Eligible Productions nominated by each Nominating Panel and the Industry Awards Panel. The Voters, in conjunction with the Members of the Helpmann Awards Nominating Panels, decide the winner in each Awards category.
A person is eligible to be a member of the Helpmann Awards Voting Collegiate if he or she is:
- A nominated representative of an LPA Member company;
- A nominated employee from an Australian Performing Arts Centres Association (APACA) Member Organisation (Ordinary Members only);
- A member of a Nominating Panel or the Industry Awards Panel;
- An individual Helpmann Award Winner who is a registered Australian Resident
- A member of the arts media approved by the Helpmann Awards Administration Committee (HAAC); or
- A distinguished member of the industry appointed by HAAC.
The voting process is tabulated and audited by independent auditing firm, BDO. The results are confidential and the winners are announced at the Helpmann Awards Ceremony.
LPA Member Organisation Voter Representatives
Each LPA Member organisation is entitled to register 5 Voter Representatives to cast their votes in the Helpmann Awards. you can download a step-by-step guide on how to register your organisation's Voter Representatives here.
Members can register their 5 Helpmann Awards Voter Representatives online via their Helpmann Awards website account.
Your Voter Representatives will each receive an email asking them to confirm their registration and create an online account via which they can cast their votes when voting opens.
If you are a registered Member of the 2017 Helpmann Awards Voting Collegiate, you can download a step-by-step guide on how to cast your votes online here.